PLEASE NOTE: GRANT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN FULL NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 31, 2020 FOR CONSIDERATION AT THE DECEMBER BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING. EFFECTIVE 2021, THE NEW DEADLINE WILL BE SEPTEMBER 30TH.
Grant Guidelines, Criteria and Online Application
Fox & Roach Charities is a 501(c)(3) “Public Charity” established by Fox & Roach/Trident in 1996. Fox & Roach Charities is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Fox & Roach Charities is funded solely by contributions. Fox & Roach Charities mission is “addressing the needs of children and families in stressful life circumstances.” Fox & Roach/Trident also contributes to Fox & Roach Charities.
Fox & Roach Charities is governed by an independent Board of Trustees comprised of members both from within Berkshire Hathaway HomeSerices Fox & Roach/Trident and members independent of the company. The Board of Trustees is assisted by an Advisory Council made up of representatives from each of the company’s offices and departments. 60% of monies raised over the course of the year are allocated to the office or department from which the voluntary donations were made and that group, led by their Advisory Council member(s), makes recommendations for worthy recipient organizations. With Board approval, these recommendations result in donations to hundreds of worthy area charities.
The remaining 40% of funds raised each year are subject to grant decisions made by the Board of Trustees. It is the Board’s goal to use the monies for the greatest possible impact in the greater Delaware Valley area, often times donating to recipient organizations in geographic areas where the need is great but no sales offices exists. In addition, Board donations may be made to sponsor events which result in three to four times the original grant money being raised for the recipient organization.
Grant applications must use the Fox & Roach Charities official grant application.
Receipt of proposals will not be acknowledged.
The eventual disposition of these funds is in part based on recommendations forwarded by members of our Advisory Council from the various offices and departments to our independent Board of Trustees.
Grants are initially reviewed by the Director’s office, then submitted to an Executive Committee for review and approval (the Executive Committee meets quarterly), and then submitted to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Grants are given final approval annually at either the May or December meetings of the Board of Trustees or by the Executive Committee as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Approximately 60% of the monies collected by Fox & Roach Charities are distributed by grants made by recommendation of our Advisory Committee and the other 40% at the direction of our Board of Trustees.
An applicant may forward proof of their current 501(c)(3) status and literature describing their organization’s mission as consistent with Fox & Roach Charities. It will be forwarded to the office and department(s) geographically closest to you organization and/or the Board of Trustees for their consideration.
An applicant does not and wil not knowingly provide financial support or other resources to any individual or entity to further unlawful acts of violence or terrorism.
All proposals are given careful consideration.
IV. Grant Making Criteria and Priorities
Organizations may only submit one request per calendar year.
On average, grant requests range from $500 to $50,000 per year.
Applicants need to complete the official Grant Application Form and budget for the project in which the requested funds will be used.
Applicants are required to list exactly what the money will be used towards. Our mission: We are committed to addressing the needs of children and families in stressful life circumstances.
Recipients are required to submit the provided Fox & Roach Charities final progress report and financial accounting report of funds awarded by Fox & Roach Charities (for grants of $10,000 or less, a copy of the Annual Report will serve as a grant report).
Deadlines are are March 31 for the May Board meeting and October 31 for the December Board meeting each calendar year.
As a general rule, the Board of Trustees funds are not used to purchase tickets, tables, ads or sponsorships.
V. Eligible Organizations:
Only non-profit organizations having a tax-exempt classification under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service will be considered and,
Organizations that offer programs impacting communities in the markets Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Fox & Roach/Trident is represented (greater Delaware Valley: Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware).
VI. Not Eligible Organizations:
Fox & Roach Charities may support educational or social service programs of faith-based organizations; however, we do not grant funds to church functions.
Grants or loans to individuals or award scholarships.